Long Beach Sunday Market Report - August 22, 2010


This segment of the Long Beach Sunday Market Report features Chef Jason Stein of Parkers' Lighthouse.  I spoke with Chef Stein about his presentation using Yellow Fin (also known as Ahi) tuna, how he got his start in the culinary industry, and some of the new things that are happening at their restaurant.  He also provided some recommendations for those who want to start a career in the culinary industry.
 
Located on The Point at Shoreline Village, Long Beach's premiere waterfront entertainment, shopping and dining destination, Parkers’ Lighthouse offers the most compelling selection of globally inspired cuisine prepared with the freshest ingredients derived from local sources. Whether you dine there for lunch or dinner, you can always find sustainable seafood choices on our vast menu.

Parkers’ ambiance reflects a relaxed sophistication throughout its elegant, stark white, 250-seat dining room, the 120-seat third floor Galley Bar, and 144-seat outdoor patio.

Next time you're at Parker's Lighthouse, be sure to say 'hello' to Chef Stein.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I've only been to Parkers' Lighthouse once and I have to say I can't wait to go there again. It was the first time that I ever experienced a "to-die-for" crab cake. YUM.

Post a Comment

Search


Return to Gourmet Conspiracy Website

About Me

My photo
I am the co-owner and founder of Gourmet Conspiracy, a personal chef and catering service based in Lakewood, California. My objective here is to provide open communication about various types of food and their benefits towards our health. As far as my training, I graduated from Kitchen Academy in July 2007 with high honors. I have a great deal of passion about learning the cooking styles and techniques from various cultures and incorporating them in fusion dishes.

House Rules:

Rule #1: You may comment as much and as often as you wish but I have the final decision on what is posted on this site. I have the right to and will delete any material or information entry that I deem inappropriate.

Rule #2: See rule #1.

Rule #3: No shirts - no shoes - no service!

If you have any objections to these rules, get out of my kitchen!

Kitchen Visitors: