2014 New Year's Resolution


Well, another year over and a new one has begun...  2013 was a very bad year for me and Gourmet Conspiracy especially since I have not put much effort in the business.  I had been torn between my engineering job and my catering business; and the job won.  Late nights at work completing projects, making sure that we're on schedule and on budget, and feeling exhausted and completely drained when I get home.  The stress of the work and my responsibility as an Engineering Manager has started taking its toll.  I have been experiencing bouts of depression and feeling sharp pin-like sensations throughout my body during the night.  I am losing touch with my life goals and I don't like it.  Until now, I have had one foot in and one foot out.

This year, I have placed myself on a journey of rediscovery and onto a path of pursuing my passion.  This came about as I was reading Howard Cannon's "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Starting a Restaurant".  The first couple of chapters deals with just that - addressing what my true motivation is for venturing into the culinary business side of the world.  I have been a complete idiot for not reading this much sooner.

My first and foremost inclination and purpose for this sort of decision is the ability to be of service to people; and to share my love for cooking and entertaining.  I consider my passion as that similar to artists and musicians who are purely motivated with sharing their craft with the world.  It is, after all, known as 'culinary arts' and I am now daring to step up on stage.  It is a real joy seeing the smiles and lustful expressions of those who truly appreciate my creations.  This has always been my drive.

Secondly, I am excited about the idea of having our own business and the opportunity to be able to provide for my wife and I on our own terms.  I don't have all the answers right now but in my internal being, I already envision the outcome of spending the time that I would otherwise devote to a job towards what I love to do.  Working hard was never the problem - I would just rather be working towards my own dreams and goals.

Thirdly, I would like to leave this world being remembered for having accomplished my dream rather than "someone who tried..."  What better way to be remembered than be able to do what I love to do.  Everyone has to eat, and I love satisfying that need.

This being said, my New Year's Resolution this year is to develop a 2 year exiting plan from engineering and establish the foundations for a new life in the culinary industry.  Will I succeed?!  God only knows - but I will surely hang on for dear life!  If it doesn't kill me, it will only make me better!

Happy New Year to all of us!

3 comments:

Clover said...

I’m very glad to found this website because; it carries awesome and actually good data in favor of readers.

clover
www.n8fan.net

Thank you, Clover. Readers like you are my encouragement.

Unknown said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often..

rachelle madrigal
www.imarksweb.org

Post a Comment

Search


Return to Gourmet Conspiracy Website

About Me

My photo
I am the co-owner and founder of Gourmet Conspiracy, a personal chef and catering service based in Lakewood, California. My objective here is to provide open communication about various types of food and their benefits towards our health. As far as my training, I graduated from Kitchen Academy in July 2007 with high honors. I have a great deal of passion about learning the cooking styles and techniques from various cultures and incorporating them in fusion dishes.

House Rules:

Rule #1: You may comment as much and as often as you wish but I have the final decision on what is posted on this site. I have the right to and will delete any material or information entry that I deem inappropriate.

Rule #2: See rule #1.

Rule #3: No shirts - no shoes - no service!

If you have any objections to these rules, get out of my kitchen!

Kitchen Visitors: